A stunning introductory learning experience into the world of lean & agile.
- Online: 10 sessions x 1.5h/session.
- Offline: 2 consecutive days (roughly 16 hours), to be resumed after the current COVID19 pandemic is over.
- Online: Mural (digital content and collaboration) + Discord (chat and voice workgroups and classrooms) + HiveFlex.org (online community).
- Offline: Beautiful natural/cultural sites, usually in Portugal + Mural (digital content and collaboration) + HiveFlex.org (online community).
- Between 10 and 15 participants.
- Online: 995 EUR (excluding VAT) per participant.
- Offline: 1,495 EUR (excluding VAT) per participant.
- People and organizations that are new to lean/agile.
- Lean/agile team members: developers, testers, designers, system admins, project managers, service managers, product managers, coaches, etc…
- Managers and stakeholders who need to support and/or work with lean/agile teams.
- Everyone that wants to have fun and learn through play 🙂
- Videos & discussions.
- Interactive dialogues.
- Hands-on exercises.
- Experiential learning (simulations or real applications).
- Your open mind!
- Your good mood!
The following major topics will be covered during this training, in blocks of 1,5h:
- Session #1: Japanese Lean Thinking
- Toyota after WWII
- Lean Flow Cycle
- Lean Principles overview
- Lean Practices overview
- Session #2: From Lean to Scrum/XP to the Agile Manifesto
- The New New Product Development Game
- Scrum Framework overview
- XP (Extreme Programming) overview
- The Agile Manifesto for Software Development
- xScrum Framework overview
- Session #3: From Toyota Way to Modern Military thinking to HiveFlex
- OODA Loop
- HiveFlex Multi-loop
- Warfare Levels
- HiveFlex Management Levels
- The Toyota Way
- HiveFlex Compass
- Session #4: Connecting the dots: Cynefin Framework overview
- Systems Thinking overview
- Complexity Theory overview
- Cynefin core domains overview
- Cynefin basic dynamics overview
- When to use and not use lean?
- When to use and not use agile?
- Session #5: Wrapping up: main lean/agile concepts
- Phase-gates vs Iterations vs Flow
- Efficiency vs Effectiveness
- Value vs Work vs Deliverables
- Iterative (design) vs Incremental (development)
- Inputs vs Activities vs Outputs vs Outcomes vs Impacts
- Waste types
- Wasteful vs Value-added vs Non-value-added activities
- Session #6: Game simulation or real-world application (xScrum based)
- Session #7: Game simulation or real-world application (xScrum based)
- Session #8: Game simulation or real-world application (xScrum based)
- Session #9: Game simulation or real-world application (xScrum based)
- Session #10: Game/application Review, Classroom Retrospective, and Training Debrief
Recognition & Rewards
- HiveFlex Associate credential (electronic badge).
- HiveFlex Lean & Agile Foundations certificate of achievement (electronic badge).
- Free HiveFlex Online Community membership for 1 year.